BS-MD in Philippines
- Philippines is the most preferred destination among Indian students to study Medicine.
- Philippines follows the US Syllabus for MBBS study. So, they have a bachelor’s degree course before the Medicine start.
- Philippines pattern of Study is 10th Std + 4 years of Bachelors degree either in Biology or Psychology followed by MD (MBBS)
- But in India students already done with their 10+2 years of PCB schooling so the Indian students need to only do the remaining period of the bachelors degree in Philippines.
- The BS course duration in Philippines will be between 12 months to 18 months depends on the university
BS course in Philippines Syllabus
- BS syllabus in Philippines varies from University to University as well.
- Some universities follow BS in Biology and some Follows in Psychology.
- The detailed information about the university wise BS course is given in the particular university page.
What is BS in Philippines
BS stands for bachelor’s in science. The duration of BS course in Philippines is 1year to 18 months for Indian students depends on the university. The BS course is mandatory who wants to take admission in MD (MBBS) after 12th STD. Those who are already graduate in India with bachelor’s degree in BHMS, BAMS, BDS, B. Pharmacy, BSC in any Science subject can get admission directly in MD (MBBS) without studying BS in Philippines. Some universities offer BS, some offer AB
BS / MD Admission Process in Philippines for Indian Students
BS course Duration in Philippines
Bs course duration in Philippines varies from university to university. As per the CHED (Commission of Higher Education Department) the BS course should not be less then 12 months at any circumstances.
The Course duration of BS / AB in the most preferred Universities in Philippines for Indian students are:
|University||Bachelors Degree offered||Bs course Duration|
|University of Perpetual help System Dalta||AB psychology||12-15 months|
|AMA School Of Medicine||BS Psychology||18 months|
|South Western University||BS Biology||12- 15 months|
|Our Lady of Fatima University||BS Biology||18 months|
|Emilio Aguinaldo College of Medicine||BS Biology||2 years|
|Angles University Foundation||BS Biology||2 years|
|UV Gullas College of Medicine||BS Biology||2 years|
|Bicol Christian College of Medicine||BS Biology||2 years|
|Davao Medical Foundation||BS Biology||2 years|
|Lyceum Northwestern University||BS Biology||2 Years|
FAQ’s1- Why there is need of BS in Philippines to get MD (MBBS) admission?
ANS: Philippines follows US Curriculum of MD (MBBS) study
2 – Is BS course in Philippines hard?
Ans: No, It’s just the basic of Biology similar to 11th& 12th Std Syllabus
3 – What if I fail in BS course?
Ans: No one fails BS if they have passed their 12th Std in India
4 – What if I have done a bachelors degree in India, Do I need to do BS again in Philippines?
Ans: No, if you are graduate in India like BHMS, BAMS, BDS, B. Pharmacy, B.sc in Science you don’t have to do BS / AB in Philippines, you can get direct admission in MD (MBBS)
5- Local Students also does BS course in Philippines
Ans: They have to do 4 years of BS as they have 10 + 4(BS Degree)
6 – Why Indian students has to do only 1-1.5 years of BS in Philippines
Ans: Because Indian students already completes their 12th std in PCB.
7- What is the passing marks in BS course in Philippines?
Ans: Passing marks in BS course is 40- 50% depends on the university
8 – How many changes we get to Pass if we fail any subject in BS?
Ans: Every subject you get 3 chances which is more than enough
9 – Can I change university for MD after BS?
Ans: yes, you can change university after BS
10 – Does MD (MBBS) admission depend on BS marks?
Ans: No, you just have to pass BS, almost all students pass BS easily.